Friday, April 9, 2010

Update on Life (Feb-Mar)

Hello all. It's been a while since my last post, but so much as been going on! First off, Sean has been applying like crazy to police departments looking for a job. He was contacted by a few, but one department really seemed interested. Williams Police Department. He had his first interview with them on February 11th. Everything went really well and was scheduled for a "Chief's Interview" about a week or so later!! The interview with the chief went really well also! He was told that he was going to be put through backgrounds (an extensive background check). After many weeks of waiting, on March 23rd we were visited by the detective that was conducting his background check. He stopped by our apartment and just talked with us of a few minutes and told Sean that everything was looking really good and that he was hoping to wrap things up real soon. Then on March 26th, Sean received an email from the chief asking to meet with him and me the next week. So we scheduled the meeting for March 31st, I had the day off of work so it worked out perfectly. After arriving to the tiny city of Williams, we had a nice meeting with the chief. And during our hour long meeting he OFFERED SEAN THE JOB! Of course he still has to pass a psychological evaluation and a medical exam, but if that goes well then the job is his!!!! So yesterday was this psych and he passed...woop woop. And today is this medical, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer that no illness or anything is found. If he passes, then he'll get his uniform next week and then get sworn in and his start date is scheduled for April 19th!!!! I'm so proud of Sean for not giving up on this. I feel like he's had so many hurdles to jump over the past few years of his quest to become a law enforcement officer.

Secondly, Owen is getting so big! He'll be 18 months old on Tuesday! I just can't believe it. He's starting to talk and knows how to communicate and tell you when he wants things. His favorite word is "dada"...he knows other words, but he just loves pointing at Sean and saying "dada". It's really cute. Everyone tells me that 18 months is a huge turning point for a child and I'm already starting to see it. I'm excited to see what he's going to do next. I feel like he knows more than we think. I just love him and love learning from him. I'm learning to take life slow...I try to go to the park with him daily and just have some time to play. Time where we don't do anything else but what Owen wants. I figure it's so hard trying to do my after work chores when he's awake because he always wants to help and ends up making it more difficult, so I just commit my time to him and after he goes to bed I'll quickly straighten things up. Speaking of bed, Owen had a few months of not sleeping very well. Ever since Sean graduated the police academy until about two weeks ago, Owen would have problems getting to sleep, he'd wake up multiple times throughout the night, then wake up so freaking early! We don't know what was going on, but one day he just slept...and didn't wake up until about 7:00am. It was so nice. And then it happened again...and again...and he's been a great little sleeper. I feel so blessed. It's funny how his sleeping habits were exactly what they needed to be when Sean was in the academy, then when Sean was home daily looking for work Owen's habits were horrible (I think he knew his daddy didn't have anything to do the next day and just wanted to spend time with him during the night.). And now that Sean will be starting work, Owen's sleep is back to where it needs to be. I just feel so blessed.

Lastly, I will be posting pictures soon of our adventures over the last few months. Sean's family came and visited. Owen went to the zoo for the first time and seemed to enjoy it. We also had Easter and have some pictures of his first egg hunt (indoors since it was raining). And then just some pictures that we took of us just hanging out. I can't begin to describe how amazed I am with life right now. As I take a step back and reflect, I would have never imagined things going the way they went. But now that things have happened, I wouldn't have changed anything. I am so grateful for my family and the joy that they are to me. I have learned to accept things the way they are, but to make the best of every moment. Life's just not enjoyable if you're not enjoying it. Sometimes we need to put aside our opinions and just go with the flow. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and all the blessings that have come our way. They may not seem like blessings to some people, but they are to us and that's all that matters. Life's not about comparing, it's about living and enjoying what you have. We need to stop daydreaming about the things we want, because while you're off in your dreamland, life is running by you. Stop wishing you had what others have and learn to love what you have and be grateful you even have it! I have learned that patience is a very good quality to have. When you pray for patience do endure, the Lord will put an obstacle in your way to practice that patience. :-)

Anyway, pictures will come! Life is good...let's keep Sean in our prayers that his medical exam goes well and he can start work as a police officer soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Andrea - I love you and your cute family! I'm so glad everything is going well and that Sean got the job! I'm sure he will pass the medical exam! And I can't believe Owen is 18 months! That is crazy! He is so cute and I think its wonderful that you spend time with just him at the park! You are such a wonderful wife and mom! Love you!