Thursday, May 12, 2011

Purrrrrrrr

So every morning I have to go in and wake Owen up for the day, which is nice because I am able to get ready without any interruptions. This morning was extra cute. He loves when I come in and get him in the morning. If he has gotten enough sleep, he is absolutely charming...but if he's still tired, he is such a grump! (haha, he gets that from me.) Anyway, this morning I go in there and I always open the door saying "Good Morning Owen" in the sweetest mom voice possible. He still had his eyes closed, but smiled. Then I walked over and laid on his bed and began to softly tickle his feet. "I said good morning," I repeated and he just giggled and opened his eyes and then popped straight up. "Hi mama," he finally said, "where daddy?" Haha, he always asks where Sean is in the mornings. I told him that he was in his room sleeping. Then he asked, "where Micki?" (our cat). She had just walked in the room and I told him, "she's right there." He always watches me call Micki and always tries to get her to come to him, so he starts patting the bed trying to get her to come up. I of course help and she jumps up for some love. Owen gets so excited when she comes to him. She was rubbing her head on his feet and purring so loud. I said, "Owen, listen." He got all concerned, but quiet. "Do you hear that sound coming from Micki?" "What that mama?" he asked. "That's her purr. She purrs when she's happy." "Oh, I happy mama!" he said all excited, "You happy too?" "Yes, Owen, I am very happy," I replied. He smiled and gave me a hug. I just love my little man so much. I love that he is getting old enough to have conversations, even if they are so simple.  After that we went downstairs to eat breakfast and leave. It was just a nice morning. He even went to school just fine. Usually he cries and doesn't want me to leave, but this morning he gave me a hug and a kiss and went and sat with one of his teachers who was reading a book to the other kids. I am very happy and Owen is such a big reason why. I absolutely love being a mom. I am going to try to post more moments like these, because it's these little moments that matter. These are the moments I cherish.

2 comments:

Alys said...

That is a good idea. I need to record more of the things Harrison does. I know I will forget them soon if I don't.

Mr&MrsRicker said...

Andrea... You look so gorgeous in these pics! I love your hair! Your bro did an awesome job.