Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fairy Tale Town! (7/23/11)

Owen and I have been trying to make this summer memorable since it's our last summer with him as an only child. Since Sean had to work (as usual), we decided to make a fun day and go to Fairy Tale Town in Sacramento with my friend Brittany and her son Jackson.  Jack is a week older than Owen, so getting those two together was a lot of fun.  I love the innocence of a child.  They accept you and automatically deem you a friend as soon as they meet you.  I wish adults were more like that.  It was really cute to watch the two of them follow each other and help each other on all the playground stuff.  It was also really nice to have adult time with Brittany.  I think we both enjoyed talking to someone our ages rather than a 2 year old. Lol.  Anyway, the day turned out to be wonderful.  The weather was perfect, the boys were in great moods.  We packed a cooler for lunch...and while we were picnicking squirrels kept coming over to us. The boys got really excited for this, so we let them feed them for a little.  After lunch we went back to the park and let them play for a few more hours.  Then it was time to go home so Owen and I could see Sean before he left for work.  We want to do this one again for sure.  Perfect place for a nice day out.
 Owen in front of the giant shoe slide!
 Owen and Jackson in a tee pee! (Owen is saying "cheese"...haha)
 Owen coming down the slide at the barn.
 Owen riding down the slide at "Owl's House"
 Owen coming out of a tunnel slide.
 King Owen!
 King Owen and King Jack sharing the throne!
 Owen pretending to be Woody riding Bulls eye. LOL.
 Owen and and Jack riding the horses of Cinderella's pumpkin carriage.
 Owen and Mama
 Brittany and Jackson! (I love this picture!)
 Brittany and Jackson!
 Owen on a horse!
 Owen and Jack on Cinderella's pumpkin carriage.
 Owen really wanted to make silly faces.
 Owen and Jackson climbing a giant foot.
Owen not wanting to get off the train...it was time to leave and him and Jack did not want to. :) This was the last picture I took that day.  We had so much fun. Thanks Brittany and Jackson for coming with us!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a fun place! Looks like you guys had a blast!!!