(I never posted this post...it was written a month ago)
So much has been going on in the Mattson home...but not so much exciting, photo worthy things. Haha. We have just been getting the house ready for Baby #2 and preparing for Disneyland trip! I will definitely post about Disneyland when we get back...we're so excited!!! Ok, so since my last post in September, here's what's happened. Andrea (that's me), celebrated her 26th birthday!! I still can't believe I'm 26 already.
Then we went with Grandma (my mom) and looked at strollers and bed side sleepers for the baby. We want to get a "sit n stand" stroller because Owen is kind of at an in between age for stroller riding. Meaning, he hates being strapped in to a seat (he just likes having the option to get up and walk also) and he's also looking a little big for the seat. So a "sit n stand" has a normal stroller seat in the front (and you can attached the infant seat on to it like other strollers) and then in the back, it's a little bench seat, so Owen can sit or stand or even walk without feeling constrained to a seat. He's just getting so big and independent, but also I know he still wants to feel apart of this new baby excitement, so instead of getting a traditional double stroller (that he'd grow out of within the year) and instead of only using a single stroller (which may make him feel left out), we decided to get a "sit n stand"!! The hardest part of this pregnancy for me is making sure Owen does not feel left out or feel like he's being replaced. He's so excited for the baby and always kisses my belly and says hi to her, but I know that there's going to be a point of jealousy or sadness because mom and dad's attention won't always be on him. It breaks my heart a little, but we're trying really hard to make sure he's involved in everything that we do. I just hope we succeed. As of right now he's super excited for the baby so I really hopes he stays that way after she arrives. Anyway, we've been very busy. After Disneyland we'll have Owen's birthday, then Sean's birthday, then Halloween, and then it's November! And that month will be all about getting everything for baby finalized. Ahhhh! I can't believe how much there is to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment