Well, Owen is now a three-year-old. I still can't believe it. Just when I was getting so use to telling everyone I had a two-year-old. Oh well. It seems as he is getting older, time is going by so much faster. Our lives seem to have busier schedules and more events happening that I feel like I'm losing time with my little man. I'm excited to go out on maternity leave so I can spend my days with him and of course the new baby. But it'll be nice to just have that time home for a while. Anyway, back to his birthday. The night before his birthday, Owen and I cleaned the house and started blowing up balloons to decorate. I always decorate our living space for birthdays...just to make the day feel a little more special. Owen was really excited for the balloons, he was kicking them and throwing them. Haha, he's just a kid...I love it. Anyway, after I got everything ready to decorate, it was time for he and I to make our way upstairs for bedtime. He showered, watched a show and then fell asleep. I then went downstairs and got the place decorated and finished cleaning up the kitchen. Sean came home from work (on Wednesday nights he's home around 11:15ish) this. We went to bed and then Owen decided it was time to wake up. Oh geez, what a night it was. He woke up probably 6 times just wanting me and for no reason at all. Around 1:45ish, Sean went to the extra bedroom to go to sleep and Owen came into our bed with me. Finally, a little after 2:00am, we were all asleep. Then my alarm went off at 5:15am! Not enough sleep for a pregnant woman at all, but I had a plan to stick to for Owen's birthday so I was up and getting ready. Then around 6:30am we all were up and went downstairs for Owen's birthday celebration. We decided to celebrate it in the morning since Sean is working swing shift (afternoon to middle of the night) and we weren't going to see him at all that day. We got downstairs and I started the pancakes. Then we let Owen open all the presents we got him. Since we took him to Disneyland, which was essentially his gift, we only got him a few things. But he was so excited because they were things that we knew he'd love. That morning he also opened his only b-day card he had received at the time (he got way more that afternoon). There was $5 in it too! Owen has been really into collecting money and loves to put it in his piggy bank. I hope he keeps this attitude of saving when he gets older, but I'm sure once he figures out that he can use money to buy things, he won't be such a great saver anymore. :) Anyway, so from Sean and me we got him a Jessie doll (from Toy Story), a little black robot toy (he has others like it already) and the movie Monsters Inc. He was really excited and wanted to play with everything right away. Haha. But by then the pancakes were ready and it was time for his birthday song! Since it was so early in the morning, we just put his candles in his pancakes and let him blow them out. He didn't care that it wasn't a cake or cupcakes, I think he was just so excited it was his birthday. So after that, we gave him hugs and kisses and Sean went back to bed and Owen and I continued with our normal morning routine before daycare and work. It was really nice doing this and I'm seriously considering making it a new tradition to have a big breakfast for birthdays, but we'll see. Waking up that early was tough, but it's a lot easier when you're doing it for someone else. Here are some pictures we took from the morning:

Owen and Daddy...they are both so tired!
Opening his first present...
His new robot!
His $5 and card!
About to open present #2...
It's Jessie! (He picked this one out at the store, so he knew he was getting it)
And lastly, Monsters Inc!
At the table with his b-day pancakes!
Time to blow out the candles! (He's so bashful, it's so funny.)
Owen and Mama
THE BIRTHDAY BOY!
This was Owen right before we left for school!
He got a lot more gifts that arrived in the mail that evening, I will be sure to post more about his birthday again later. We're having a few people over this weekend, so I'll make sure to take some pictures too.
Happy Birthday again to my sweet little man. Owen, you have been so wonderful and such a blessing in my life. I have never felt more loved by someone and have never loved a little person so much like I do you. I am so excited to see you become a brother and see how you will love your sister. I love watching you grow and develop into the person you are meant to be. You are so handsome (you can thank your daddy for that) and so fun and I hope that we will always keep our special bond and relationship as we celebrate more birthdays together. I love you Owen.
2 comments:
Sounds like he had a great day. Luckily Harrison still doesn't quite get the whole birthday thing. So we will keep it low key this year.
How fun! I love Owen! I can't believe he is 3! It sounds like he had such a fun birthday! Jaxon has the same Thomas the Train PJ's haha - so cute! Love you and Happy Birthday Owen!!!
Post a Comment