Last night Sean and I attended another birthing class. This one was not quite as scary as the last. We learned different ways to deal with labor pains and different positions that can help the baby move down faster. We did watch more birthing videos, but these ones were better than last weeks. I feel a little more confident and ready for "labor day." Sean and I will just need to practice the moves and positions and massages we learned so that we are both prepared for the real thing.
Well, after we got home and ate, I decided to go to bed. Bed time is not something that I look forward to anymore since I don't really sleep. I am constantly awaken by my horrible back aches. I take Tylenol, but that doesn't help. If I sleep the wrong way, the baby lets me know and kick the crap out of me! (lol) But last night, for some reason, just was a really bad night for me. I went to bed and never really fell asleep. Every hour I was tossing and turning. I even tried some of the labor moves we learned about for pain, and that wasn't helping. I took showers and Sean even gave me massages. I just don't know what it was, but I was in A LOT of pain and it would not go away. Finally at around 4:45am, Sean filled the bathtub with warm water for me, made me a peanut butter sandwich, and gave me some more medicine so that I would try to feel better. He has been so wonderful through everything. He stayed up with me all night and was just trying to help. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband in my life. Well, the last thing I remember was taking my medicine and lying in the tub. Then I was awoken by Sean, who was sitting with our cat watching me. He told me that I have been in the bath a really long time and that I should probably get up and get ready for work. HAHA...I guess I fell asleep...IN THE BATHTUB! I was so mad, I only slept for about 45 minutes in the bathtub. Then I got up and walked to the bed and slept again for about 30 more minutes. That was it! I don't know why I cannot sleep at night. I can fall asleep any where and any time during the day, but as soon as the sun goes down, my body will not sleep! I think I'm going to talk to my doctor at my next appointment about this again. I haven't had a full night's sleep since August 16th! I don't know if I can keep doing this...it's really starting to take a toll on me.
Oh well, just one of the joys of being pregnant. I just keep counting down the days and look forward to the day I can put baby Owen in HIS bed to squirm around in rather than in my uterus. I am getting really anxious and excited for his arrival, there is still so much to do but I am just too tired to do it since I can't sleep! haha...but that's ok. Everything will get done and we'll have a beautiful baby boy when it's all over. Even though I am having all this pain, I am still so happy. I have the best husband in the world and I will have a son pretty soon! Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Benadryl is ok to take during pregnancy. It makes you drowsy and may help you fall asleep. I used to take it for that reason alone, now I have to take it for the lovely stuffy sinuses I've developed. Do you have a body pillow too, not just the regular straight ones like a pregnancy one. They are a GOD SEND!!! Hope these tips help. Hope you can get some rest!!
Love ya!!
I'm glad your birthing class was better this time! But I'm so sorry to hear that you are having sleepless nights! Sean is being so amazing though!!! I'm so happy that he treats you so good! He is amazing! GOOD JOB SEAN - KEEP IT UP! haha :)
How is everything going? You are almost due (or have already had the little one!). you are in our thoughts :) xoxo. Cynthia and Adam
where did you go?
Post a Comment