Ok, it's been a few weeks since I've updated the blog, but here it is. Our Halloween fun! A week or two before Halloween we had a family craft night. Sean, Owen and I painted paper plates orange, well Owen decided he wanted to use dark pink, but that's ok. After the paint dried (a few nights later), we drew our faces on! Owen's was more like a scribble all over his plate, haha, it was so cute to watch him try to copy mommy and daddy. After we put our faces on our paper plate pumpkins, I attached pipe cleaner to all the them for the stem and we hung them in the window! It was a lot of fun to spend time together as a family, especially since Sean works on the weekends so our three week nights are all we get. We try to make the best of them.
 |
| Family Picture...having fun making paper plate pumpkins! |
 |
| Owen painting...well, playing with his paint brush |
 |
| Happy Boy! |
 |
| Sean painting his plate...so crafty! |
 |
| One of my plates! |
 |
| All of our plates! Can you tell which one are Owens? Haha. |
 |
| Our plates with faces and stems...Owen drew his all by himself! |
 |
| ROAR! |
 |
| The final product! |
A few days before Halloween it was time to carve our pumpkin. We didn't go to a pumpkin patch this year since every time I was planning to, it would rain. So Sean just bought one. Owen had a little pumpkin that his Grandma bought him, so he got to decorate that one. Sean and I have a tradition that we started where I will carve one half of the face, then cover it up and he carves the other half. Then we reveal our pumpkin to see what it looks like! haha. Last years was kinda ugly, but this year's turned out pretty nice. Owen painted his pumpkin. It was so little that it would have been hard to carve, so we just let him paint it. I think he enjoyed that. When we were done, we lit the candles and put the pumpkins outside! Owen loved this part, he thought it was pretty fun to blow out the candle (since he just had his b-day, that was still fresh on his mind).
 |
| Sean making the first stab! |
 |
| "We're in!" |
 |
| I get to clean it out...of course. |
 |
| Meanwhile, Owen is painting his pumpkin |
 |
| Look at that concentration. :) |
 |
| Voila! A masterpiece! |
 |
| Andrea's half... |
 |
| Sean's half... |
 |
| ...the Seandrea Pumpkin Creation! |
 |
| Owen watching Sean light the candles |
 |
| Our pumpkins! |
 |
| Owen really liked the lit candles |
 |
| Ooooo! |
Halloween was pretty exciting for me this year. I made our costumes! Owen had two costumes this year. Daycare has a Halloween parade, so we bought one for him to wear so that the one I made didn't get ruined. He was Yoda at daycare and Boots (from Dora the Explorer, one of his favorite shows) on Halloween. I don't have any pictures of him in his Yoda costume, but as soon as I can get him to wear it, I'll have Sean put on his Darth Vador costume and I'll take a picture of the two of them. But I do have pictures of Owen and me in our Dora and Boots costumes! I only did costumes for the two of us since Sean had to work on Halloween this year. :( But hopefully next year he won't! So, as I said earlier, I made our costumes this year. It was fun! I bought a grey hoodie and sweatpants for Owen and then made all the attachments. Owen's is what took forever, I made boot covers, the ears, tail, belly, and little hairs on the top of this head. Mine was pretty easy, I just bought the whole thing! Once everything was all done, I think we looked pretty similar. (see pictures below) Owen and I went trick or treating at Grandma's (my mom) house. We only went to about 10 houses because after every house Owen wanted to look in his bucket and see what he got. Plus he's a slow walker, it's probably the little legs. He had fun though. He was even saying "trick or treat" and "Thank you"...it was so cute. Kids recognized us and thought it was pretty cool that a parent dressed up. Lol. I would have dressed up with or without a kid, I love Halloween!
 |
| This is a picture of Dora and Boots... |
 |
| And this is Owen and me dressed up! What do you think?! |
 |
| Owen in his costume...sorry the pics blurry. |
 |
| Here we are walking back after trick or treating! |
 |
| Haha..Owen apparently wanted to go back (they had a nice kitty on the porch) |
 |
| All done! Owen enjoying a lolly pop! |
Well, there you go. That is our Halloween fun. I hope that next year Sean won't have to work so I can make another family costume and we can all go trick or treating together! Hope you enjoyed the post! Let me know what you think of it all! LOVE YOU!
2 comments:
Oh my fun!!!! I love the pumpkin plates! What a cute idea! And I love that you and Sean each carve part of the pumpkin and see how it turns out. I always make Dan carve our pumpkin cause he is good haha! But I may just have to try what you guys do next year. It sounds fun! And oh my H I loved your costumes! You did a GREAT job with Owen's - I loved it! SOOOOOOO cute - I can't wait to see what you come up with for you guys next year! Hopefully Sean will be added in the mix next year! :) LOVE YOU GUYS!
What a fun Halloween! Love your costumes, I Love, love, love how every year you are coordinating. I used to try that, but the kids are too old and picky now. :( Loved the paper plate idea! You have an adorable family!
Post a Comment