Thanksgiving this year was extra exciting for me, I had a chance to cook the whole meal! It was a little overwhelming, but I did it!! Sean helped, he seasoned the turkey, so I was only in charge of making sure it cooked ok. Preparing everything started on Wednesday night. Sean and I brined the turkey! He had a cool recipe he found online. He prepared the brine while I cleaned and trimmed the turkey, then we soaked it over night! Speaking of that night, we got very little sleep because Owen got very sick. He was up vomiting all night! Poor little man. I felt so bad. I eventually went to bed sometime between 1-2 am, and Sean stayed up with him. I felt so bad, but he was fine in the morning! Thank goodness. That morning my brothers came over to have breakfast with us. Since Sean had to work that night, he was in bed, so it was just Owen and me up. I made cinnamon rolls and bacon, well my older brother helped with the bacon because I apparently was not cooking it to their liking. :) After breakfast, they hung out with Owen and watched football. Sean woke up to season the turkey then went back to bed for a little bit. I continued cooking away in the kitchen. I made mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, crescent rolls, deviled eggs, salad, gravy...and i think that was it. Oh and chocolate pie! Everything turned out pretty good I think. I didn't have any complaints, so I'm hoping that means it was a success! Below are only three pictures, my brother took more on his camera so I will post more later. It was fun to be in charge of the food, hopefully next year we'll have more family and I'll have more help! :) Yay, Happy Thanksgiving!
 |
| Sean with the turkey, about to start cutting it! |
 |
| Our turkey! |
 |
| The whole table set up! |
1 comment:
Oh I am so sorry Owen was sick the night before - that is no fun, but thank goodness he was better for Thanksgiving! Your meal looks AWESOME and I'm sure it turned out amazing! Look at you being the perfect mom/wife/sister cooking for everyone!
Post a Comment