Saturday, November 12, 2011

Owen's 3 Year Check-Up

So yesterday, 11/11/11, Owen had his three year check-up. Yes, I know, almost a whole month late, but October was a very busy month for our family. Anyway, he did so good!  Now that he's three, he has a more normal appointment and not a "baby" one.  He got to have his blood pressure checked, and stand on the scale and stand by the ruler on the wall.  He even had an eye exam...which was the cutest thing to witness. He did great with that.  The nurse that was helping us was just so good with him and he seemed to like her.  After we finished up that, we went into the room to wait for the doctor.  He was asked to strip down into just his undies.  And of course, he wanted to do that himself.  It was really cute to see him sitting there a little nervous and waiting for the doctor.  The day before his appointment he expressed that he did not want to go see the doctor and was scared. So I pretended to be a doctor and showed him what his appointment would consist of.  He then was really excited to go.  (I'm hoping he gets this excited when we go to the dentist for the first time, lol.)  Anyway, when the doctor arrived, he got a little nervous and scooted away.  I told him it'd be ok and he was just doing his check-up.  Once the doctor started, Owen was so good for him and was really happy.  He would glance over at me and smile, but then immediately focus back on the doctor and do what he asked.  The doctor was very impressed with how well he did and told Owen that, you could tell how proud Owen felt.  He even said, "Ima big boy." Haha. After the doctor finished up, he said it was time for Owen's flu shot.  He's old enough to not have to receive it from a shot, so they gave it to him through the nasal spray.  After that, he got a Cars sticker and we were done.  He did so great!  I never get to take him to his appointments, so I was really happy to get to for this one.  We usually have Sean take him on one of his weekdays off so I don't have to take the time off of work.  I am really sad that I didn't take any pictures because it was so cute to watch him be so independent and cooperative with the staff.  I'm just so proud of him and still cannot believe my baby is three years old!  Hopefully next year I'll be able to remember to schedule his check-up on his or around his birthday. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh I'm so glad he did so well! He is so cute and growing up so much! I can't believe he is 3 either haha! Glad you got to take him!