Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend!

This Easter weekend started off just wonderfully. Sean and I haven't had a chance to go on our yearly anniversary trip yet since December was pretty busy and so far this year has been also. So since this past weekend was Sean's last weekend home before his schedule changed, we decided to do an overnighter in old Sacramento. My mom watched Owen for us that night. So after work on Friday we met each other at the hotel.  We checked in and dropped off our stuff, then went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. After that we came back to the hotel and watched TV and just relaxed...which was so nice not to worry about what Owen was getting into or being attacked by our devil cat. We slept in that next morning...which was heaven! After we checked out and put our stuff in the car, we walked to Old Sacramento and walked around for a little. It was fun. Then we went to Joe's Crab Shack for lunch! Yummy! After lunch Sean took me back to my car, which was still parked in my work parking garage, and we drove home. Here are the very few pictures that we took:
Sean taking apart (and hiding) his gun before we left for dinner.
Us after 4 years!!
I had to get a kissing one too. :)
After we got home, I had to run a few errands. So I took Owen and Sean took a nap. Owen and I went to ride the train too! He loves the train so much, I don't mind taking him when we're out since it's only $2. Here's our picture from our ride:
I just love his big, cheesy smile
Well Easter day was very...hectic. Owen fell asleep on Saturday at 7:00pm! I wanted to color eggs and get everything ready for Sunday, but that didn't happen.  So Sunday, Sean and I woke up early and filled about 30-35 plastic eggs with Goldfish and hid them all over the backyard. We got the hard boiled eggs out and all the coloring stuff ready. When we woke up Owen we told him it was time to go downstairs and find the eggs. When he got downstairs he saw his two baskets sitting on the couch. One was from my dad and step mom Jeannine. It was so cute, here's the picture:
And his other basket was from Sean and me. Sean had to get him a new WWE belt, haha. But boy, he was excited to get it. See!


After he got his basket, it was time to got Easter egg hunting. He had to wear his belt! Haha. But it didn't last long because he realized he couldn't bend down to pick up the eggs with it on. It was so cute to see the joy and excitement in his face when he was finding the eggs. He looked so proud and was so happy every time he put one in his bucket. He was so happy when he filled it up.


After his egg hunt it was time to dye the eggs! haha, see what i mean when I say it was a hectic morning. Owen had soooo much fun picking the colors and coloring on the eggs with the "magic" crayon. He loved stirring the egg in the dye too. We only did 12 eggs since we still needed to eat breakfast and get ready for church. But it was a lot of fun. Sean got ready first and while he was getting ready I made cinnamon rolls. Then I got ready. I had matching outfits for us all. I really only do this about twice a year, so i was really excited. I found a green and white striped shirt for Owen. Sean had a green tie to wear. And I just had a green shirt. But we all wore khaki colored bottoms. Here's the picture we took, the sun is shining on mine and Sean's head, but you get the idea. Owen looks pretty cute.
Church was really nice. Owen went to nursery all by himself for the first time. Which meant Sean and I could actually enjoy Sunday school together. After church Owen was telling me about Jesus, which was awesome! And it was really cute. After church we had a BBQ with my mom and step dad, Jairo. It was really great. We had tri tip steak, shrimp, mashed potatoes, salad, strawberries, cupcakes, rolls...but not in that order. :) We all just hung out and relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. My mom brought a basket for Owen too. I didn't get a picture of it, but I did get a picture of one of the shirts she got him:
Yes, my son LOVES WWE wrestling. Haha, but that's ok. He had a great Easter. After the dinner was over, my mom and Jairo went home and Sean, Owen and I just hung out. We watched a movie and cleaned up everything. It was a great day for all of us. I just love Easter and can't wait for next year. We're going to try to make it more about Christ next year and be a little more prepared with everything, so I'm looking forward to that. :)

2 comments:

Alys said...

I love Old Sac. We went there the day after we got married and then for our first anniversary, so it is a memorable place for us.
I love your matching outfits. I will have to see if my Sean will go for that. Maybe I can get him to for pictures or something.
Owen's belt is a crack up. It is so big on him.
And, great idea on putting goldfish in the eggs. I will have to remember that one. We didn't do an egg hunt this year. Harrison will be bigger next year and probably really enjoy it.
Glad your Easter was fun!

Ethiopianmomma said...

From one proud Mommy to another~ OWN IS ADORABLE!!!!