Monday, April 4, 2011

G.C. and WRESTLEMANIA!!

Today was a very exciting day for our little family. It was day two of General Conference so we stayed home to watch it. Seth and Julie came over and made us breakfast. Well, Julie was the one who actually made it. She made waffles and they were so yummy! After we ate we had conference on, but Owen stole the focus and it turned into a Daddy vs. Uncle Seth vs. Owen wrestling match. Haha, Julie and I tried to pay attention to the talks but it was very difficult to focus with all the commotion. But it was ok, they all eventually calmed down and we got to listen to a few talks most of the way through. General Conference was great, I always feel the spirit when I hear the words of the Lord.
In between Conference sessions I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine. I felt so guilty because there was a talk directed toward keeping the Sabbath day holy and not doing stuff. Owen fell asleep right as I left, so that gave Sean some quiet time. The baby shower was a lot of fun. I wanted to stay longer but I had to come home for a previously planned engagement so I was only able to stay for a short while.  But the party was still so fun, it was great to see everyone and celebrate in this wonderful time! I made her a diaper cake...my first one! It was a lot of fun to make and think it turned out pretty ok.  Here's a picture.
Later on in the day was Wrestlemania!! Haha, this is a once a year event that we watch with Sean's friends.  It's actually really fun. Owen loves it because he LOVES wrestling. During the event, Owen again stole the focus and was wrestling with everyone! Haha...I hope they didn't mind. He was having such a great time. I love when Sean's friends come over, we always have a great time.
 
After Wrestlemania was over we watched the end of a Dodgers vs. Giants baseball game. Everyone left after that. It was just a wonderful day today.

3 comments:

Alys said...

The diaper cake turned out so cute! You did a great job!

Lisa said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I love G.C. too - its hard to pay attention when you have a little one running around.

Great job on the diaper cake by the way - I made one years ago for a friend and it was so much fun to make - I had to stop though because everyone in Utah started doing them so there would be like 5 at a baby shower lol

You and your family are so stinking cute and I miss you guys! LOVE YA!

Mr&MrsRicker said...

General Conference was just what I needed this weekend. SO great!! And your Diaper cake turned out perfect!! I have been wanting to try making one too buuuuutttt no baby showers :(