Well, May 28th was day 1 of Owen's potty training. And he has been doing wonderful! That weekend he picked it up so well and only had 2 accidents on day one and has not had one since!! We are having only one issue...and it's kind of a major issue. He WILL NOT go poop! Not just not poop in the potty, but now he's terrified to poop all together. My poor baby. :( I have tried changing his diet, giving him laxatives and this past Sunday I had to give him a suppository! He held it for FIVE days!! I called the hospital and they told me to do that, just so he can empty himself. Well, since then he still refuses to poop. He's had 3 successful poops in the potty, but everytime it hurts because he held it in for so long. Now I think he thinks that pooping will hurt no matter what. So what are we going to do now you ask? Let me tell you.
This morning I put him in a pull up. I just want him to go poop. At this point I don't really care if he goes back to diapers/pull ups, I just want him to be back on his regular potty schedule. Once he is able to start pooping again, then I will try the potty thing again. We're keeping him in pull ups because this still gives him the option to use the potty to pee if he wants to. But I think I'm going to take a break from the potty training just so my little man can relieve himself without feeling scared. I just feel so bad. I have never heard of people having this issue. But today I spoke with a lady at my work, and she had the exact same problem with her son when he was younger. So it was nice to talk to someone who's been there.
Owen is only 2 1/2 so I'm not in a hurry to get him potty trained. He was just ready for it and was so excited when we started. I didn't think that he'd stop pooping because of it! Haha, oh well. I'm going to stop for about a month, then we'll try it again. Hopefully round two will be better. Now that I know what works for him and what doesn't, I think I know what I need to do to help him conquer this fear. Owen got an A+ in pee pee in the potty, but didn't do so well with the poopies. My poor little man just hasn't been himself since we started. And who can blame him, it's gotta be a life disrupting experience...one minute you're in complete control of your potties and then next minute someone tells you you have to sit on a potty. His whole world was changed upside down. I'll post any updates on the pottying, but for now, I think we're going to give it a break just so Owen can get back on a schedule again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Poor guy! :( I hope he gets back to normal and knows its ok to go poop. Oh that just breaks my heart that he is scared to go now. Potty training I'm sure is hard - I have no idea when I'm gonna start Jax but I'm scared haha.
I've heard prune juice can help when they wont poop. Might try it next time if you have the same problem
Post a Comment