Monday, June 13, 2011
PT update! (Beware, it's all about poop!)
Well we have some good news!! Owen has pooped on his own again!! Yay! No the experience has not been very pleasant, but I am just so relieved that he pooped! Like I said in my previous post, I had to give him a suppository on Sunday (6/5) since he didn't go for FIVE days! Then Friday came around and he still hadn't gone!! I just loaded him up with fiber and put a drop of this very light, baby laxative in his juice and said a prayer that he'd poop. Well, at 4:00pm I received a call from daycare and they informed me he did!! yay!! What a relief. When I got home from work Sean told me that he had pooped again. That night his poop was still painful for him, I think he was just cramping or something. Saturday, nothing. Sunday was very interesting. I have decided that I 'm not going to give him anything and just act like everything is normal. So I just fed him like I normally do and we played, went to church, and all that good stuff. That evening he was getting a little cranky. I put him on the potty and I could literally see that he needed to poop because it was right there!! He was fighting it so much!! For about 30 minutes he was telling me that he hurts so I'd put him on the potty but he'd get so mad and just want off. He eventually just laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I just let him sleep even though it was pretty early for bed and too late for a nap. He had been through so much in the past hour. He woke up about an hour later crying because...he pooped!! Haha, since he relaxed he was able to let it come out. Well, the fun isn't over yet. Haha. After that poop, I put him in his bed since he was still out of it. He woke up about an hour and a half later crying. He said he still hurt. I felt so bad and there's really nothing you can do to help them. So he came back downstairs with me and laid on my lap and just farted...a whole lot. Poor guy. :( We watched some of his shows, had some dinner, and he was getting cranky again. By this time it was 10:00pm and I told him that it was time for bed. We went upstairs and I put on a movie in my room and let him lay there with me until he fell asleep. Well, he didn't. He was just crying and screaming and rolling around. I was so tired but of course you can't sleep with your baby in so much pain and plus he was super loud. So I told him that he needed to sit on the potty. He did not want to, but he also refuses to go potty in his pull up so I don't know what he was planning on doing. haha. So I took him to the bathroom anyway. I put him on the potty and he peed (yay!) but he still needed to poop. So I started tickling him. HAHA! I know, but I was thinking that this might help him get it out. And it did...after I tickled him for about 10 minutes, he was so mad. He told me he didn't want to potty so I said fine. I told him that I will put his pull up back on but he will need to go to his room and go to bed. (yes, i was very frustrated at this point...it was 11:45pm!) As I walked to his room to grab a pull up I hear him yell, "mama! it's coming out!" but in more of a terrified voice. I ran back in and there he was, pooping his little heart out. YAY!!!! After it all came out, he was sooooo excited and said, "mama, i feel better." I was so happy and relieved, I just hugged him and said good. I wanted to say "I told you so" but I didn't want to ruin our precious poop moment. haha. After I cleaned him up he wanted to look in the potty at his load he just dropped (haha, why do boys do this?). He was so proud and waved bye to it as he flushed it. I asked him if it hurt when he pushed it out and he said no!! You see, if he would just not fight it for so long, pooping would be a much pleasant experience. But how do you explain that to a two year old? Anyway, after that I was so tired and tired of fighting with him that I let him sleep in my room (Sean was working). I put on a movie and I fell asleep right away. What a night. I really hope that he starts pooping regularly and without crying. He was such a good pooper before. I think when we started potty training he really understood that he was not to do anything in his underwear but he might not have been ready to sit on a potty an poop. Honestly, I think you should try to train your child to go poop before you start the pee! Well, this was only one day of him pooping without laxative help, so let's pray that he will continue to get back into a regular routine and not freak out so much. I just want my happy boy back. My heart breaks every time he needs to poop. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I'm so glad he pooped! That is so sad - my sister Whitney went through the same thing lol and I remember we were on a vacation in California at Sea World and I won't go into all the details, but it was not a fun day for her until she finally pooped. This is good information to know for when I start potty training Jaxon :) You are such a good mom and have such a cute family! I just love you guys! I hope little Owen keeps pooping away! :)
Post a Comment