Monday, June 27, 2011

Owen's 1st Movie!

Tonight we took Owen to his first movie at the movie theater!! It went a lot better than I thought.  After I got home from work, we packed a bag (pull ups, a pillow for him to sit on, a jacket for after, etc.) and we were off to dinner.  We decided to go to McDonald's since it was right across the parking lot from the theater and also Owen want some chicken nuggets for dinner. :-)
Owen was actually smiling but he does is so quickly that it's really hard to get a picture of it. Anyway, after dinner we went over to the theater.  He was so excited when we walked in because they had all the Cars 2 posters still up.  He kept telling me and Sean, "Look! I gonna see that!"  It was so cute to see him so excited.  Then we made our way to the concession counter...Owen was really excited for this part because all the candy was displayed at his level AND we told him he could pick out anything he wanted!

After we picked out candy, bought popcorn, nachos and sodas, we were off to the auditorium to find out seats!  Owen was sooooo excited. He kept giggling the entire time.  I'm glad we chose to go on a week night. That way it wasn't too crowded.  I was just worried about someone tall sitting in front of Owen and creating an obstructed view for him.  We brought a pillow for him to sit on to help him see better, which I am glad we did.  We took a few pictures during our short wait before the movie started...Owen had already started to eat his candy so he wasn't really in the mood for pictures.

Once the movie started, things went smoothly. Owen was so excited and would yell out who characters were and say "Whoa" and "Oh no!" Haha, it was very fun to watch him.  We only had one minor incident during a slower part of the movie.  Owen didn't seem that interested and really wanted Lightning McQueen to be back on the screen, so out of boredom or frustration he took Sean's nachos and threw them!!! Luckily Sean was almost done and he threw them in our aisle and not at anyone.  Sean had to tell him that that was not a good thing to do and Owen started crying...for literally 2 seconds because then the scene changed and caught his attention again. Other than that, he did so good during the movie.  However, when the movie ended Owen was not happy. Lol. He started crying and saying "more." It was so cute and funny, but sad at the same time.  We actually prepared for this because, knowing our son, he loves to watch movies over and over so we thought this would happen.  Earlier in the week I bought a Cars 2 book for him after the movie...so when he started crying I gave him the book and the crying stopped. Thank goodness! Haha.  After that we just went back to the car and drove home.
I think Owen's first movie experience went really well! The movie was cute and entertaining (even for adults) and he was interested 95% of the time.  I would definitely do this more except it ran us $50+ for tickets and snacks!!! I can't even imagine what the price will be like one day when we have more children. Eeek!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I'm so glad it went well! It sounds like so much fun! He is so dang cute!

Alys said...

Yeah, movies are way too expensive! We rarely go because it costs so much. I was laughing while I read it. So cute that Owen was so excited.